until Tokyo Olympics

Jul 30, 2018

Win the lottery for volunteer of RWC Japan 2019

As I wrote before, I've applied to be a volunteer for Rugby World Cup 2019 in Japan.
My article;
http://mytokyoolympics.blogspot.com/search/label/RWC%202019%20Japan

Because too many people have applied for Tokyo and Kanagawa prefecture volunteers, the lottery was conducted before interviews. It's an extremely low probability of wining the lottery. So I didn't expect to win.

Today was the day for the announcement of the lottery.
I signed in the ”My Page" and... found the word "Wining." Oh----------!!!!!

Of course, it doesn't mean that I was selected as a volunteer. I just got the right to move on to an interview. But I'm SO happy for now.

The interviews for Tokyo volunteers will be conducted in the mid of December.


I wonder how much the application ratio for the 2020 Olympics. The probability to be selected would be much lower?


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is good news.
    I hope, if you succeed in the interview, that it will increase your chances of becoming a volunteer for the Olympics.

    As a guide, for London 2012, a total of 70,000 volunteers were needed. More than 240,000 people applied and 86,000 were interviewed before the final selection.

    Have you been a volunteer yet at any other big sporting event, such as the Tokyo Marathon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Tim!
    I hope to succeed in the interview. Yes, it is good for being selected as a volunteer for the Olympics.

    Hmm... very low probability to proceed to the interview phase.
    I've never been a volunteer for a sporting event. The reason why I'm studying French is that I thought speaking three languages can be a bit of advantage, my french isn't improving at all though, haha.

    ReplyDelete