until Tokyo Olympics

Nov 19, 2013

Started learning French

I was wondering what could be advantage to work at the Olympics.

First, English is necessary. (I've heard that some roles don't require speaking English though.)
However, my guess is that just speaking English (and Japanese of course) cannot be advantage, because there are many people who speak English.
I thought I should speak one more language.

I have 7 years until the Olympics. It's enough to acquire a language on a fundamental level.

Which language can be most advantage?
French? German? Spanish?

At first, I was going to learn German. I prefer countries in North area to ones in South area. My image is that German is spoken relatively in countries in North area while French and Spanish are languages of countries in South area. If I can speak German, it would be useful not only for the Olympics but traveling to countries I like in the future.

However, I've looked up the information about what language can be useful for working at the Olympics on the Internet just in case. And several sites said it's languages spoken in Africa, any of the sites didn't mention the reason though.
Oh...
So I should learn French rather than German?

Then I just started learning French!

Needless to say, I need to improve my still poor English. I devote 4 days in the week to French studying and 3 days to English.

No comments:

Post a Comment