until Tokyo Olympics

Nov 16, 2013

the Determination

Whenever I watch an opening ceremony of the Olympic Games on TV, I'm very moved and have the strong desire to watch it live before I die.

If it's in a city where I live, it would be ideal, right? So I really wanted Tokyo to gain rights to host Olympic Games.
Although Tokyo missed it for the 2016 Olympics, it won 2020 Olympics over Istanbul, Madrid on 8th September (Japan time).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/125th_IOC_Session

Finally the Olympics will be held in my city for the first time in my life.

From this point, I decided that I not only go to see the opening ceremony but am involved in the Olympics.

I'm not sure how I can be involved in. As a volunteer? What kind of volunteer? Is there possibility to work as a member of the Organizing Committee?
What to do? How to do?
I need to collect as much information as possible. Also I should improve my English more and more.






Tokyo Olympic Bidding Committee was doing very well.
The presentations of them on 8th Sep. were very good. Especially prime minister Shinzo Abe did a good job, I think.
I've thought that he is bad at speech. He seems to have practiced a lot.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/07/us-olympics-2020-winner-idUSBRE9860HQ20130907#!


Many people including IOC members reacted very favorably to the communication way and speech of Princess Takamado.


Other members did well too, except for governor Naoki Inose. I think he was a kind of deadweight. His presentation was immature, and surprisingly, when he answered to a question, he looked as if he was angry with the questioner.


The Japanese word OMOTENASHI which means kind of "hospitality" with the gesture demonstrated by Christel Takigawa become a buzz term.

No comments:

Post a Comment