until Tokyo Olympics

Feb 14, 2018

A flurry of good news in only an hour

Monday night, I received three consecutive breaking news in only about an hour that told Japanese athletes won medals.

I was watching Ski-Jumping on TV.

The first breaking news was;
Daichi Hara won the Bronze meadal in Moguls.
It's the first Japanese medal in this Olympics.
(https://pyeongchang.yahoo.co.jp)
I was a bit surprised because he wasn't expected to get a medal. In fact, this was his first podium in world events.
Most skiing athletes were born and grew up in snowy region but he is from Tokyo. He said that it was great that he, a Tokyo-born person, was able to win a medal. Congratulations!


The next breaking news was;
Miho Takagi won the Silver medal in Speed Skating Ladies' 1,500m.
(Miho Takagi in tears with her coach Johann David)
(http://www.chunichi.co.jp)
Oops, I forgot that I should have watched it. I quickly changed the channel.
I missed the moment of her win... But I watched the replay again and again. She seems to have mixed feeling, she is very glad and happy, and also she wanted to win the gold medal. We Japanese know well that how hard she has been working. I was moved that she talked to her coach in tears and hug each other.
She will attend 1,000m and Pursuit.


Then I got back to the channel that showed the Ski-jumping.
Sara Takanashi won the Bronze medal in Ski-jumping Ladies' Normal Hill Individual.
(https://www.asahi.com)
She was expected to win the Gold medal in the last Sochi Olympics and most people thought that she would have won considering her results in the world cup. However, she ended up being the fourth place. Since then, she has been aiming the Gold medal. Although it was not Gold, thinking about her sadness at e last Olympics, we are happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment