until Tokyo Olympics

Dec 16, 2018

The Interview Roadshow for RWC volunteer

I attended the Interview Roadshow for the Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Volunteer yesterday.

I thought the interview for volunteer was something like having a group interview and being asked such as motivation, but it was quite different.
There was no opportunity that the participants and the staff talk directly for screening.

1. Check-in
Reception booth

My nameplate

2. Orientation - 30min
The participants were received an explanation about the Rugby World Cup, the activities of the volunteers, etc.

3. Group Work -30min
The participants were divided into a small group which consisted of around 8 people.
Each group was given the name of qualified countries. My group was Argentina.
The participants wore a wristband of their group with country flag design.

My wristband

And, we played a game, which was called a collaborative activity (teamwork).

A staff member was standing by each group with a notepad. Probably they were screening by watching the activity?

4. Admin work(?) and experience contents
- Taking a face photo for an ID card
- Checking uniform sizes - Trial fitting

Considering #3 and #4, I wonder if most of the participants get an offer??

Next step
By the end of this month
Entering information about language skills, uniform sizes, volunteer rolls roles of one's choice, etc. on each MY Page. I've done.
January
Getting an interview result and also a roll role offer.

I hope I can hear good news next month!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I have been waiting to hear what would happen.

    Considering your #3 comment, perhaps the interview process was to find unsuitable people and eliminate them. Then everyone left (including you, of course) will pass to the next stage.

    I thought they might do a language test this time, but I suppose they didn't do that.

    Did you feel everything was successful for you?

    By the way, one small English correction: "roll" should be spelled "role" in your intended meaning. "roll" is the spelling for a bread roll, or the meaning of something like a ball turning around as it moves on the ground.

    I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and good luck with the interview result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Tim.

    Considering the number of participants and the number of holding the interview roadshow, I don't think that the organizing committee can eliminate so many people.
    As you said, probably only unsuitable people will be eliminated.

    I don't think I had a bad attitude or showed an appropriate behavior during the interview event. I wonder if this means I can say everything was successful for me? I hope so.(^o^)

    Thank you so much for pointing out my English mistake. Yes! I wanted to say "role"!

    Best Wishes for Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete