until Tokyo Olympics

Jun 21, 2014

England also leaves before the 2nd stage.

England lost to Uruguay, 1-2.

Following Spain, another soccer nation was not able to advance to the final 16. I think it is one of the worst events in both Span and England soccer histories.

Suarez of Uruguay was great!
It had been said that he might not be able to participate in the World Cup because of his injury.
In the interview after the game, he said in tears that scoring goals in the World Cup was really special thing. I was impressed by his tear. Even for him who is one of the top players, the World Cup is such special.



Now that England that I always cheer for leaves, I wonder what team I should root for from now. I'll wait and see a little more.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, we were disappointed, but not completely surprised.

    I wonder how England will play in their last match against Costa Rica on Tuesday. The result does not matter to the English team at all. What will their attitude be?

    Will they relax because there is now no pressure, and therefore, maybe, play better.
    Will they try hard to win at least one match during this tournament?
    Will they be depressed and play badly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they will try hard to win. Especially the captain Steven Gerrard is a kind of fervent guy (I don't know an appropriate English word...), so I bet he will try to boost the team's morale.
    Costa Rica defeated Uruguay and Italy. They are formidable opponent, but Go in and Win, England!!

    ReplyDelete