until Tokyo Olympics

Jun 26, 2014

Lampard, your last play in the World Cup?

Although it has been decided that England was eliminated from the World Cup, they had one more game left, versus Costa Rica.

Just before the game, I found that England would let their young players play in the game for their experience.

I was surprised to hear that, because I expected England to try to win at least one game with the best members.

Young players!?!? That means I would end up not seeing Lampard play in this World Cup?

But! Lampard participated in the game as a captain!! Finally, I was able to see him play.

He is a great player as usual both physically and mentally.

He is 36 years old, and it has been said that he might retire from the national team, he said he would think about it after going back home though.

So it might be the last time to see him play in the World Cup. I have a deep feeling.





Most of the players of the England team were young, which of one was 18-year-old boy! Lampard showed grate captain ability, but probably because of the young players' lack of experience, the England team didn't work well.

In the latter half, Gerrard was brought in. Oh! I was very excited because I though I can see the combination of Lampard and Gerrard!

Lampard and Gerrard have been pulling the England national team for a long time. Gerrard is 34 years old. I was wondering if it's also the last time to see them in the same pitch together.

Just after Gerrarrd was brought in, Lampard called him and handed the captain arm belt. It was somehow moving moment.

Lampard handed the captain arm belt to Gerrard.




After that, Rooney was also brought in, and the England team worked better gradually.
But unfortunately, it was draw.

England vs. Costa Rica, no score draw.



Lampard, and the England team,
I wanted to see you play in this World Cup a bit longer.
Although the result of the World Cup Brazil might be terrible for you, I believe that when looking back on this World Cup in several years, it will be considered as a good turning point of generational change for England.

I expect the England team to come back to the World Cup with new talented players in 4 years and to aim for the championship.


I need to memorize the face and name of the England's young players. I don't most of them. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment